Saturday, May 5, 2012

Skull Fracturing Playlist #1

Skull Fracturing Playlist #1

Due to a combination of my laziness and a lack of new material, I haven't been able to post as many reviews as I'd like to, so I'm completely ripping off every other webzine/blog out there. I'll post a few tracks from bands that I've been listening to a bunch this week. Most will be new for the sake of the this site, but I will leave you some older gems that I've been listening to a lot as well. 


Band - Charon
Album - Sulphur Seraph (The Archon Principle)
Genre - Black/Death/Thrash

Here's a band that's bringing some intense fucking metal from the home of intense metal, Germany. Charon's blend of thrashing violence, black metal darkness and death metal excellence is top-notch. Though, I would definitely avoid these guys if you're not a fan of black metal, because unlike just about every black/thrash band out there, the majority of the music here is more of the former influence. But, if you do like black metal, then this album is a must listen for you. 

This would be my personal favorite of the album, but the entire thing rips. 




Band - Escarnium
Album - Excruciating Existence
Genre - Death Metal

Hellthrasher Productions ceases to amaze me with the amount of quality they continue to release, especially for the old-school death metal releases. While a lot of their releases are usually some awesome Swedeath worship, Escarnium delivers some incredible groovy and pummeling death metal. Think of what the bastard child of Incantation and Bolt Thrower would sound like, and Escarnium will crush them. Seriously great death metal here, folks. Check it if you haven't. 





Band - Trial
Album - The Primordial Temple
Genre - Heavy Metal

This release has probably been my favorite of the year and has grown on me a lot since I first reviewed it. If you're a fan of Mercyful Fate, King Diamond or the new school contemporaries in Portrait and In Solitude, then it is your mandatory duty to pick this album up. The guitar solos are phenomenal, the riffs are all captivating and the vocals are soothingly great. Long story short, this record fucking kills. 






As far as the older gems that I was talking about, I've really been on a massive power metal binge as of late, so I'll leave you with some awesome tunes that most power metal fans should know of and if you're not a huge fan, you might not know. 



Band - Iron Cross
Album - Iron Cross




Band - Chastain
Album - Ruler of the Wasteland




Band - Satan's Host
Album - Metal From Hell




Band - Warlord
Album - Deliver Us [EP]