Friday, August 26, 2011

Interview with Jose Barrales of Wormhole/ Ex- Bonded By Blood!


Maybe you've heard, maybe you haven't, but the ex-Bonded By Blood singer, Jose Barrales, has a new project that he's starting to work on called Wormhole. To get some more information about this band, I got in touch with him and here is what went down!


SFM - What was the reasoning behind the end of your Human Abortion project?



Jose - Well, I was having a really hard time finding members that were around my age to commit to it. A lot of members I found were already committed to a band and were not ready to go full force with me. The ones that were ready either lived too far or did not like the idea of Human Abortion and what it was going to be about. I was stuck, so I did what was best and ended before it was even born.


SFM - That's too bad, but at least you have a new project to work on! How did creating Wormhole come about?



Jose - At about the same time I was having my troubles, I got info that Jerry was ready to leave Bonded By Blood. I contacted Jerry and we touched base on certain things. I brought up the idea of him either joining Human Abortion or us making a completely new band. It seemed like he really didn't want to join Human Abortion but was open to the idea of starting a whole new band. All these conversations we had eventually led to him meeting a guitarist I was previously working with, his name is Andrew Bennett. He really dug Andrew's style of play and we decided then and there that we will proceed with this new project. In order to do so we would need a very good drummer that would not only be solid but expand our style of creativity. I, personally, have always had trouble finding solid drummers around my area. Luckily, Eric (Guitarist of Witchaven) sent me Stephen Ramirez' way. Stephen is by far the best drummer I have ever had the pleasure to play with and he was also the missing piece in what became known as Wormhole.

SFM - What style of music will you be playing in Wormhole?

Jose - Honestly, I cant really break it down into a certain sub genre of Metal. It will be a bunch of guys jammin' out and fusing all their influences into this project. I do know its going to be Heavy!

SFM - I can't wait to hear it. When can we expect to hear a demo from you guys?

Jose - We really don't have a certain date, yet. Its all up in the air at the moment. We are really concentrating on writing to the best of our abilities. Once all that is done we will update everyone with a date.
SFM - If you wouldn't mind answering this, what was the reason for your departure from Bonded By Blood?

Jose - I don't mind answering at all. There was just too many problems around the time I left. Problems at home and problems with band members. In all honesty, I didn't have a friendship with the rest of the band members anymore. It was as if I was traveling the world in a van or bus with a bunch of strangers. It just didn't feel right.

SFM - Do you often get asked by fans to rejoin Bonded By Blood?

Jose - I've gotten asked that question a good amount of times. It's just fans being fans.

SFM - What was your biggest accomplishment as a member of Bonded By Blood?

Jose - I have many, to choose just one is very hard. I learned and accomplished so much in the 5 years I was in BBB. From creating a band to touring the world and opening up for some legendary bands. If I had to choose one it would be being able to write music I like and having tons of people actually liking your music as well. 

SFM - that must have been an amazing experience, that few are lucky to have. What is your opinion on the metal scene today? Do you have any favorite bands in particular?

Jose - I really haven't paid much attention to anything new coming out. Lately, all I've been listening to is Zeppelin, Hendrix and Primus which is nothing new. Some bands I love are Exmortus, Vektor and Witchaven, they are pretty damn good. If you haven't listened to them yet, you should definitely give them a spin.  

SFM - Thank you for your time Jose. Any words for your fans?

Jose - Thanks for all the support. Keep updated on Wormhole on Facebook. We will be updating there as frequently as we can. 

The link to Wormhole's Facebook page can be found here! Check it out to stay updated!
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectWormhole 
















No comments:

Post a Comment