Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deadnight - Riders of the Black Wind Review



Well it's been quite a while since I've last done a review but now I've got plenty of time on my hands, so I decided to review this beast of an EP. Deadnight is an awesome Black/Thrash band from Chicago, Illinois who brilliantly combine that dark aura that Black Metal is famous for with the intensity that we've all come to love of Thrash. This is honestly some of the best music that I've heard all year and I hope that you all check it out. Anyway... Let's get on with the review shall we?

Bathed in Lead - This is the first track off of the EP and it starts with a heavy intro that then turns into a ripping fast thrash song. This song definitely has some Slayer influence as well as some awesome melodies that all go along with the rest of the music perfectly. A great way to kick off the EP. 4.5/5.

War Dogs - This is probably the most thrash song on the EP. There's nothing really too fancy here, just some catchy, pummeling metal that will keep your headbanging. 4.5/5.

Riders of the Black Wind - One of the more Black Metal-ish tracks here, as it opens with a cool Black Metal riff and then it switches back and forth between Thrash and Black Metal riffs throughout the song while also throwing in some nice melodic parts. 5/5.

Heaven Shall Burn - This is my favorite track off of the EP and the only thing that I can say to describe it perfectly would be epic. This is one of my favorite tracks from 2011 so far. It's got great riffs, vocals and the ending is simply amazing. 5/5.

So as you can tell by the review I am a huge fan of Deadnight and they receive my highest recommendation for those of you who are looking for some great new metal to listen to. Check them out on Facebook and like their page, buy their merch so they can tour near you, and spread the word!


Final Rating - 4.8/5 or 96%.

No comments:

Post a Comment